Re: Using linker script to mark .debug_frame allocatable

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:07:30AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 03:00:01PM +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had a look through the ld manual but so far have been unable to
> > find a way to mark the .debug_frame section of an ELF as allocatable. I
> > want to do this is because I'm writing a DWARF unwinder in the Linux
> > kernel. A DWARF unwinder is particularly useful for architectures, like
> > SH, that can't unwind their stacks using only a frame pointer.
> >
> > Is it possible to do this with a linker script?
>
> No, it has to be in the object files.  Why not use .eh_frame instead?

Basically because the DWARF frame info is currently in the .debug_frame
section and I assumed that if no .eh_frame section was generated during
the partial link of the kernel source, I can move the .debug_frame input
section into a .eh_frame output section and it still wouldn't be
allocatable.

Is there a way to force all DWARF debug frame info to be output into a
.eh_frame section?