Re: Implementing long branch stubs with PLTs

Hi,

On 16.07.2009 18:12, Will Newton wrote:

My question is: how do the arm, hppa and ppc ports avoid this problem?
I cannot find any code in those ports that appears to explicitly deal
with branches to global symbols via a PLT.

Thanks,

Are you looking at sufficiently recent sources? I committed a patch for ARM on June 22. Be sure to get a copy of these updated sources.

If you look at elf32_arm_size_stubs() in elf32-arm.c, you will see the following comment:

			  /* For a destination in a shared library,
			     use the PLT stub as target address to
			     decide whether a branch stub is
			     needed.  */

IIUC your question, it's exactly what you need.

I don't know how it works for other targets (HPPA, PPC), sorry.

Christophe