Re: large file support on solaris

Hi Nathan,

2009-03-31 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>

    PR 9992
    * configure.in: Import Solaris specific largefile test from
    bfd/configure.in.
    * configure: Regenerate.

Is there a reason you didn't apply this to the other configure.in files (gas, ld, gprof) in binutils?

Because the problem was that the size of the fields in the stat structure vary depending upon whether largefile support is enabled or not, and the only situation I could find where a stat structure was passed between differently configured pieces of code was when various files in the binutils/ sub-directory called the bfd_stat_arch_elt function in the bfd library.

Without applying everywhere we can get inconsistent setting of _FILE_OFFSET_BITS.

Does this introduce any bugs ?

Note - I do not have any objection to copying the largefile test into the configure files in those directories, I would just like to know if it is going to fix a real problem.