Re: RFA: Debug sections seems to be emitted wrong for pe-coff

Dave Korn wrote:
> Kai Tietz wrote:
>
>> I noticed that some days ago (the version on the 12th of June worked
>> proper) the executables containing debugging information seems to be
>> broken.

  Ok, this doesn't reproduce for me, at least with a trivial "hello world"
testcase using gcc-4.3.2 -g -O2.  What version are you using?  If you're using
GCC HEAD, this could be related to PR40493.

>> By inspecting the generated executable by objdump, I see that
>> all debugging sections don't have the LOAD flag set. As there are
>> relocations in debug sections OS pe-loader rejects to load such an
>> image.

  It's entirely normal for debug sections not to have the LOAD flag set, you
don't want them loaded at runtime; what must have changed is that something is
causing them to have relocs now, when they didn't before?

    cheers,
      DaveK