Re: objdump for old ARM7TDMI (ARMv4T) showing instructions for newer architectures?!

Hi Richard,

It is a genuine bug.

I'd call it a mis-feature rather than a bug; but it would be nice to fix it.

Fair enough.

Have a go with the attached patch and see if it fixes the problem for you.

I don't think this works for EABI targets. They use the attributes system to record the ISA version.

I think that it should work. The restriction on the decoding of instructions is based on the value set by the -m command line switch passed to objdump. The default, if -m is not used, is to disassemble everything without any ISA restrictions. (This matches the current behaviour of the disassembler).