Re: Proposal for STT_GNU_IFUNC and R_*_IRELATIVE

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Is it true that the new IRELATIVE relocation should only appear in
> .plt, and the .plt entries involved are all the size size? ?If so, ld
> can ensure that all such .plt entries are adjacent and emit two new
> tags giving the array location and size. ?No need for new relocations
> at all. ?Also should make ld.so a little faster.

Those RELATIVE relocations only appear in .got.plt on x86. They may
appear in shared library, static executable and dynamic executable.
I have marked them in static executables. I will see if I can mark
them in shared library and dynamic executable.

--
H.J.