Re: new plugin bfd_target breaks gdb with --enable-targets=all

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 13:53:41, Rafael Espindola wrote:

> I did the plugin specific version. So far it is the only thing in bfd
> that uses the program name.

Thank you!  FWIW, looks fine to me.

> I actually think that building the plugin target is correct if given
> --enable-targets=all. I read that option as "support as many files
> types as possible". Adding plugin adds at least one more file type
> (llvm bitcode).

Makes sense.

> It looks like the patch that was committed was a slightly old version
> where --enable-plugins in not the same as adding plugins to targets.
> Nick, any reason why you committed that one?

Would that new version make sure we're not building plugin.c with
--enable-targets=all on non -ldl, non dlopen targets?  E.g., mingw.
A quick lookaround Makefile.am didn't spot where that is prevented in
the current sources.

--
Pedro Alves