Re: Porting binutils to other OS

> > I don't understand.  A "toolchain" can run on the native OS, and what
> > "stubs" are you talking about?
> >
> Under "toolchain" I mean not native GNU tools (binutils/gcc) that
> installed on linux host to built binaries and shared libs for the other OS.

Ok, some terminology:

native toolchain - tools that run on os ABC and produce code for os ABC.

cross toolchain - tools that run on os ABC and produce code for os XYZ.

The native tools are still a toolchain.

> "stubs" in this context it's a some specific things (linker scripts,
> some source code) related to the new OS.

For the linker, this is called an "emulation".  Look for ld/emul*/* in
the source tree.  Also see ld/script*/* for the linker scripts.