Re: objdump -S with C++ code

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Efraim,
>
>> In the function skip_to_line(), which is where the printing of the
>> code takes place, there is a test:
>>
>> ? ?while (p->line < line)
>
> How old is the code that you are looking at ? ?The function skip_to_line was
> renamed to print_line in 2007... ?Maybe what you need to do first is to
> update to the latest sources.

Thanks.  I've been using objdump from my Slackware 12.0 installation
and looking at the code for it without thinking that maybe it had
changed in the last year.  I just got the 2.18.50.0.9 code from
Slackware 12.2 and indeed it looks like the whole problem I had has
been dealt with through the change to dump_lines and print_lines.
Great work!

BTW, the first thing I did when I saw this issue was to try to search
the archives of this list, and I didn't find anything relevant when
looking for "objdump -S".  I imagine that there is some discussion
back there in 2007 when this overhaul was done.  Could you point me to
it?

Thanks again for some great software and support.

Ephraim