Re: ld fails to look under /usr/$arch-linux-gnu/lib64

Hi Hector,

  I have also been trying --with-sysroot option in binutils (2.18 and
2.19) and gcc (4.3), could you give me a hint on how to teach linker
to look for
/usr/s390-linux-gnu/lib64/libc.so, which it really is there.

It sounds to me like you either need to extend the spec file used by gcc to include the relavent directory, or else define one of the MD_STARTFILE_PREFIX_<n> target macros.

If you want to extend the linker itself, which I do not really recommend, then you are going to need to edit the ld/configure.host file and add the directory to the definition of HOSTING_LIBS for whichever target you are using.