Re: binutils metadata in XML

Hi Dan,

My questions for the group are (1) is there any interest in having XML
output of binutils metadata by anyone other than me?

Well you are the first person to suggest this idea, so I would say that currently interest is very low. Of course it may well be that if the feature were available then more people would find uses for it, but I cannot guarantee this.

and (2) Do you
have any advice about how to go about the process of XML-enabling this
output?

As you have found the assembler should be relatively easy to enhance, but the linker is really a bit of mess. You may actually find it easier to add this kind of feature to the new linker (gold) which has a much cleaner set of sources.