Re: ARM long branch stub fixes

Hi Daniel,

On 25.06.2008 00:03, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
This patch corrects two bugs in ARM stubs I discovered.  One was an
incorrect offset (+20 instead of +16) for the v4t stubs; this caused
lots of arm-none-eabi/arm-sim/-mthumb tests to time out.  The other
was use of 'b.n .' instead of 'bx r6'; if you write 'b r6' you'll get
the former, and it's easy to miss that there's a relocation on the
instruction.

Thanks for catching this. BTW, is this 'b r6' -> 'b.n .' transformation documented somewhere?

While I was staring at stubs, I added a local symbol in front of each
one.  This makes disassembly more intelligible but required a massive
testsuite update.

Thanks.

I tried to use the same naming scheme as bfd's other set of
ARM-to-Thumb stubs, which really should be obsoleted by the new
mechanism - a cleanup for another day.

Any comments on this patch? Otherwise I'll check it in soon.

Could you remind me why you use 'addr + 1' when you add the local symbols in thumb mode? (in arm_map_one_stub())

It's OK for me.

Christophe.