Help with binutils testsuite

Hello,
I'm wrestling with dejagnu/binutils testsuite.

My enviroment is composed of:
- linux host PC (SH4 cross compiler)
- target SH4 board (sh4-linux-gcc)
- NFS

I'm trying to configure my system to run remotely binutils testsuite (from PC to SH4 board).

I set my board files like:
sh_linux.exp file:
set_board_info  shell_prompt   "remote:"
set_board_info  username       "root"
set_board_info  rhs_prog       "/usr/bin/ssh"
set_board_info  hostname       <my SH4 IP addr>
set_board_info  compiler       sh4-linux-gcc

and unix.exp file

I'm able to run tests through ssh without type my password.
Apparently, tests looks to run fine (but more of them are failing).
I'm running into trouble due to in my SH4 target, tests are built in the root dir (instead of tmpdir).
In addition, it seems that, in my enviroment, the roles of â[is_remote host]â and â![is_remote host]â are  wrongly swapped.

How could correctly configure my board files?

welcome comments
Fabio