Re: relocs_compatible hook considered harmful

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 04:10:40PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> So return an error instead of the assertion.

OK, that would work.

> Alternatively, teach the fdpic backend check_relocs how to do all
> the got, plt and other dynamic relocs for your alternative output
> format, and allow check_relocs to run.

It seems like a waste, though, we'll just reject it later... the
emulation I'm adding is the fdpic one.  It's a separate emulation
from the existing shelf only because the two are normally not
compatible; maybe that was the wrong choice?  BFD does make this
a bit easier with separate emulations.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery