Re: Resetting LMA for new VMAs

Nathan Sidwell wrote:
H.J. Lu wrote:

Did you test both i686-linux and x86-64-linux 2.6 kernel build? Last
time when we changed it, it broke Linux kernel build.

No, that's exactly why I'm asking -- I can't be expected to know about all the bespoke linker scripts out there :) Is the behaviour I observed an intentional? It is documented in the manual, but I found it surprising.

or rather the manual says the LMA spacing matches the VMA spacing, but does not mention this surprise if you set the VMA but not the LMA.

nathan
--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery