Re: [patch] General info in AS listings

Hi Santiago,

So if this patch was accepted, my next e-mail would ask if gas has any
"default" options similar to the 'options enabled' gcc output to add
that field to this general info section. I suppose that some
architectures has some options that are enabled by default in each
version of gas, and that is more difficult to obtain using an external
tool. I know that the -a option currently implies -alhs, but it's more
interesting to know default options for the generated code.

A fair point. The short answer to your question is that no, generally gas does not have any default options enabled. But of course the backends can enable options as they wish and they have their own selection of options, some of which may be enabled by default. In order to truly answer that question we would need to have a more formal approach to command line options, which a data structure associated with each option and some way of telling who/what enabled/disabled the option.