Re: powerpc parse_cpu

Hi Ryan,

Is it an intentional requirement that -maltivec or -mspe be specified after the cpu type?

No I do not believe so. I think that it is just that this case was never checked.

I am going to check in the attached patch which fixes this behaviour and which adds a test to the gas testsuite to make sure that the problem does not arise again in the future.

gas/ChangeLog
2008-01-04  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* config/tc-ppc.c (parse_cpu): Preserve the settings of the
	PPC_OPCODE_ALTIVEC and PPC_OPCODE_SPE flags.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
2008-01-04  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* gas/ppc/altivec_and_spe.s: New test - checks that ISA extension
	command line options (-maltivec, -mspe) can be specified before
	CPU selection command line options.
	* gas/ppc/altivec_and_spe.d: Expected disassembly.
	* gas/ppc/ppc.exp: Run the new test