Re: I am getting SIGSEGV in alloca, what could be the cause ?

Mayank Kumar wrote:
Hi
With binutils 2.17 compiled programs on interix, I am sometimes getting crashes like

0x00405f57 in _alloca () at dfa.c:1777
1777                  pos[j] = lastpos[j];

Is it because the program is running out of stack space or is there some other reason.
The crash occurs when that 2.17 linked binary is run. This occurs for some programs
Only and not always. Any pointers in this area  would be helpful. I am trying to
Compile GNU packages only.

Your debugger should allow you to examine registers and code so you can figure out which address caused the fault. If it is near a page boundary on the stack, a stack overflow would be indicated.

David Daney