Re: ld_compile: force CFLAGS really necessary ?

Hi Mike,

so the question is, do we drop this auto CFLAGS append completely ?  or do
we do a check against the suffix of $source and if it is set to .cc, auto
append CXXFLAGS rather than CFLAGS ?

I think the latter.

maybe something like the attached patch

2007-08-28 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>

	* lib/ld-lib.exp (default_ld_compile): Pull in global CXXFLAGS and
	add it to $flags when $source matches *.cc.
	(run_ld_link_exec_tests): Pull in global CXXFLAGS and execute CXX
	with CXXFLAGS when $lang matches c++.
	(run_cc_link_tests): Likewise.

Nice, but I see one small niggle:

* Not all C++ source files use the .cc file extension. Earlier on in proc default_ld_compile there is code to determine if the compiler is gcc or g++, maybe you could tap into that ? Of course you can then argue that we are not handling the case when the compiler is not gcc/g++. I am not sure if this is a problem worth worrying about, but if it is we could always generate another patch to add an optional fourth parameter to default_ld_compile which specifies the language being compiled.