Re: ld-2.17 manual in pdf format?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > I did not find such a pdf issue there. Did I overlook something? If not, what
> > is the status of the document at http://wwwcdf.pd.infn.it/localdoc/ld.pdf ?
>
> We don't regularly publish it in PDF, that's all.  This is the current
> documentation:
> http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/

And just in case it's not clear, the documentation is maintained in
texinfo format which can output to any number of formats: HTML, dvi,
postscript, PDF, .texi, ...  Running "make pdf" in the build directory
will result in PDF versions of the various manuals, assuming you have a
functioning tetex tool.

It just happens that the project has chosen to only post the HTML
version on its website, as otherwise it's a lot of work to provide <n>
copies of everything, but that doesn't mean it's not trivial to create
the PDF version.

Brian