Combine custom sections using command line?

Hello All,

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but I'm not having much luck finding the
answer in the ld manual.

I have an AVR app with functions that are placed in a custom named section
(".bootloader"), but there are multiple files that have this function
attribute. When linked, these sections are then turned into
.bootloader
.bootloader.1
.bootloader.2
.bootloader.N

I'm looking for a way to combine all of the .bootloader.N sections into a
single .bootloader section, but on the command line. I know how to do this
by modifying the default linker script and it works without any problem. Is
there any way to do this with ld flags?

Thanks,
Eric Weddington