Re: SVN for src (was Re: Binutils 2.18 prep)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 03:51:45PM +0000, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >Check out the trunk using "svn co -N" for non-recursive.  You will get
> >only the trunk - no subdirectories.  Unlike in CVS they will never
> >spontaneously appear after this point; "svn up" will only create new
> >directories when it updates through a revision in the repository that
> >created the directory.  Otherwise, it appears to assume that the
> >directory is deliberately missing if it is not mentioned in
> >.svn/entries.  However, an explicit "svn up gdb" in this case will
> >work!

> Try a commit. I'm fairly sure that any subsequent check-outs within the
> working-copy are separate - you can't check-in changes to different directories
> simultaneously.

> It will be perfectly adequate for building and diffing, of course.

"svn co" in a checkout creates something completely separate; "svn up"
as I described does not.  So commiting worked.  But checking out
libiberty and libiberty/config, then committing to libiberty testsuite
from another tree, then svn updating the first tree failed with
'Directory "testsuite" is missing'.  A second svn up pulled in the
directory.

I guess that means it's not going to work out this way.  Drat.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery