Re: Cross Linux/x86 to Solaris2.10/x86-64 compiler build problem

On Tuesday 20 Mar 2007 07:34, Alex Bennee wrote:
> But my sysroot certainly has stuff in it.
>
> Whats the process for sysroot? Does binutils copy what is needed into
> your prefixed build dir or should all the builds be referencing the
> sysroot directly?

Hi,

No it doesn't copy anything out of the sysroot. Here's the docs:

--with-sysroot
--with-sysroot=dir
Tells GCC to consider dir as the root of a tree that contains a (subset
of) the root filesystem of the target operating system. Target system
headers, libraries and run-time object files will be searched in there.
The specified directory is not copied into the install tree, unlike the
options --with-headers and --with-libs that this option obsoletes. The
default value, in case --with-sysroot is not given an argument, is
${gcc_tooldir}/sys-root. If the specified directory is a subdirectory
of ${exec_prefix}, then it will be found relative to the GCC binaries
if the installation tree is moved.

Regards,
Mike