request: put HEAD version of html manuals on web

Would it be possible to have the current version of the HTML manual on
the web site like gcc does?  Or at least, have the ability to permalink
to the current version without the version number in the URL?

At the moment, if you want to refer someone to part of the manual, the
only choice for URL is e.g.
<http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.17/as/index.html>.  But in the
future, when 2.17 is not the current version, this URL will fail.  Or
worse, it will continue to work and point to an obsolete version of the
manual.

In fact even with docs for the last release version being online, I've
run into the situation in the past where the texi sources in CVS have
been corrected/updated to fix some inaccuracy which is still reflected
in the 2.17 online HTML.  And so when trying to help someone I end up
confusing them by pointing to something that is inaccurate, and having
to say "oh but that's actually not right, it's been fixed in CVS
though."

Thanks,
Brian