Re: Configure options --with-bugurl, --with-pkgversion

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> > If you define the "version number" to be the text after the last space on
>
> The version number is the value of VERSION.

OK, let's say my patch changes the "user-visible version" or the
"--version output version" or the "package version" or the "GCS version"
or some other such term, because this patch series has nothing to do with
internal numbers used inside the build system and is not intended to have
anything to do with them; only with the --help and --version outputs from
the installed tools.

I do not know where the cron job that updates the date in version.h is
kept or whether I have access to change it, but various sorts of changes
to build-system-internal versions might well natually involve changes to
that update process.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com