Re: [patch][new port] Toshiba Media Processor (MeP)

Thanks for looking at this patch Nick!

Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Dave,

Attached is a patch for existing files, the contents of new files and ChangeLog entries.

Seeking approval to commit.

I have some issues with this patch:

* mep.binutils.ChangeLog: Surely we do not need the entire set of Red Hat local ChangeLog entries for this port. A single entry specifying which new files have been added and which generic files have been modified would be better.
OK - reworked ChangeLog to come

* The MeP files in the opcodes directory are missing, as are the GAS and LD mep specific testsuite directories.
OK- I'll provide these with my updated patch.

* The file mep-relocs.pl is only copyright'ed to Red Hat, there is no assignment of the copyright to the FSF.
OK

* You do not mention it, but I assume that there is a patch to the top level config.sub file that is being submitted to the config project to add support for the mep target ?
Yes, already done and approved. The MAINTAINERS file in the root of the source tree mentioned notifying binutils of committed patches. Should I have also posted the patch before approval?

* The patch does appear to have a dependency upon the complex relocs patch that you also submitted - the function mep_info_to_howto_rela() in bfd/elf32-mep.c uses it.
Yes. I will not commit this patch until the complex relocs patch has been approved and committed.

Cheers Nick