Re: Renaming mingw64 to mingw* for x86_64 architecure

On 1/9/07, Ben Elliston <bje@au1.ibm.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:33 -0500, NightStrike wrote:
> "The project's name changed from mingw32 to MinGW is to prevent the
> implication that MinGW will only works on 32 bit systems (as 64 and
> higher bit machines become more common, MinGW will evolve to work with
> them)."

If the mingw folks can agree on what they want to call it, I am happy to
make the changes to config.guess.  My point to Kai is just that I am not
willing to add another variant of "mingw" if the mingw project members
do not even acknowledge it.

I think the FAQ entry I quoted makes it clear that they have settled on "mingw" as the platform name. How can we confirm this and move on so that "mingw" becomes the accepted target? Is there someone to contact from the mingw community? The link is here: http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-what