Re: PE+ and new COFF format for x86_64 target for XP64 and Vista binaries

Ok, the copyright paper is on the way to FSF.
Additionally I added the ChangeLog entries. Also the testcases of
binutils, gas, and ld are extended for supporting the new target.
Most testcases work proper, just there seems to be a problem with the weak
alias test. It fails for some reason I didn't got it.
Also the align test case seems to work for this new target (for pe target
it was defined as xfail ...).

Regards,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

  Kai Tietz - Software engineering
  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 9, 93049 Regensburg, Germany
  Phone: +49-941-78004-0
  FAX:   +49-941-78004-489
  WWW:   http://www.OneVision.com

Do you have copyright paper with FSF? Also you need to provide
ChangeLog entries. You should also provide some testcases for as,
ld and objcopy/strip.

H.J.
--
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 11:40:36AM +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> This is a port of binutils-2.17 for COFF-format x86-64 (AMD64) and the
PE+
> for Windows XP64 and Vista EXE/DLL. The target is named
x86_64-pc-mingw64.
> I enabled windres and dlltool for this target. For the tool objdump the
> processing and printing methods for DLL-imports are adjusted (they are
now
> 8 bytes long :( )
>
> I made a copy of the pe_dll(.c&.h) as pep_dll(.c&.h) to minimize
> intersections. May these files can be merged.
>
> In the "include/coff/external.h" I introduced the proper PE+ external
> aouthdr structure without the data_start member. Because this
non-existing
> member breaks the
> size of the PEPAOUT structure in include/coff/pe.h.
>
> For the bfd/pexxigen.c template I used the pex64 name alias for
> generation.
>
> I added the following new files:
>         bfd/coff-x86_64.c
>         bfd/pe-x86_64.c
>         bfd/pei-x86_64.c
>         gas/config/te-pep.h
>         include/coff/x86_54.h
>         ld/pep_dll.c
>         ld/pep_dll.h
>         ld/emulparams/i386pep.sh
>         ld/emultempl/pep.em
>         ld/scripttempl/pep.sc
>

> I tested the ld of this target by MSVC object-files and by (a patched)
gcc