Re: linker error with new linker

Deigo,

Thank you!

This was exactly what I was looking for. I had already considered the idea of adding -fPIC to my CFLAGS for the static libraries, but immediately threw that out as a "hack". ;-)

John

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 18:27, John Calcote wrote:
> However, the real question was: Does anyone know if there's a
> "standard" way of dealing with the "linking shared libraries from static
> libraries in autotools" issue?
You have to build them with -fPIC, or simply use libtool, declare them as
noinst_LTLIBRARIES, and libtool will take care of it linking them entirely
inside the shared libraries using the PIC version.

Some packages ships with a libfoo_p.a archive built with PIC, too.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is ( http://farragut.flameeyes.is/ )-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE