Re: make check failures with binutils-2.17

Hi Mike,

cross compile targets that failed:
alpha-linux-gnu
armeb-linux-gnu
avr

Do you mean "avr-elf" here ?

hppa-linux-gnu
hppa64-linux-gnu
mips64-linux-gnu
mips64el-linux-gnu

Do all these targets fail in the same way ?

Were you able to build other targets that do not fail the make check ?

Anyway to answer your question, I do not have access to a ppc machine, but I do have an amd64 machine (running a 64-bit OS) and on that machine I get these results:

The alpha-linux-gnu toolchain fails the LD check with:

 FAIL: TLS -fpic -shared
 FAIL: TLS -fpic and -fno-pic exec
 FAIL: TLS -fpic and -fno-pic exec -relax
 FAIL: ld-elf/64ksec

The armeb-linux-gnu toolchain fails the GAS check with:

FAIL: Unwind table generation

The avr-elf toolchain fails the GAS check with:

FAIL: lns-common-1

The hppa-linux-gnu and hppa64-linux-gnu toolchains fail the GAS check with:

XPASS: Check min/max values for .block

The mips64-linux-gnu and mips64el-linux-gnu toolchains fail the LD check with:

 FAIL: ld-elf/orphan2
 FAIL: ld-mips-elf/reloc-1-n64
 FAIL: MIPS eh-frame 1, n32
 FAIL: MIPS eh-frame 1, n64