Re: [Patch/pe-coff] : Add native spelling of import lib names to dynamic lib search

Hi Danny,

2006-06-19 Danny Smith <dannysmith@users.sourceforge.net>

* emultempl/pe.em (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_open_dynamic_archive): Restructure. Add native "%s.lib" format to search list
* ld.texinfo (node WIN32): Update documentation on dynamic lib
search order. Add another reason for using import libs.

Approved and applied.

Note - I slightly changed the construction of the size passed to the xmalloc() function, so that instead of using sizeof on a separate string, it accesses the libname_fmt structure and pulls a string out of there. I felt that this made it more obvious as to why the value was being included in the computation of the amount of memory required. I also added a comment into the declaration of the libname_fmt structure to remind future coders to check and update the length if necessary.