This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: current binutils trunk failures on cygwin
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Nick Clifton'" <nickc at redhat dot com>, "'H. J. Lu'" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: "'Christian Joensson'" <christian dot joensson at gmail dot com>, "'binutils'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:02:16 +0100
- Subject: RE: current binutils trunk failures on cygwin
On 03 May 2006 16:02, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Does COFF have the same issue?
> No - it is only PE that has the issue.
>> Here is a patch.
>> +#not-target: *-*-*pe* *-*-*coff i*86-*-cygwin* i*86-*-mingw32*
> You do not need the *-*-coff here. In fact it should not be there.
Say, isn't that first pattern going to inadvertently match *-*-openbsd,
*-*-mpeix, *-*-openedition, *-*-openstep, *-*-superux? (This based on a
quick grepping through top-level config rather than detailed knowledge of
which platforms are supported by binutils).
Should it perhaps be just "*-*-pe*", which matches the test in config.sub?
I can't see any PE-coff targets that have anything prefixing 'pe' in the third
part of the triplet.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....