Re: Performance issues with -ffunction-sections and dwarf2 debug line info

Alan Modra wrote:

Thanks for the analysis and patch. It looks OK to me as all places that traverse the list don't care too much about the order. I'm going to apply the following slightly different patch instead, so we don't need another static var and to make line_seg and line_subseg list addition look similar.

Thanks for your review (I just see that I forgot to provide a Changelog entry ... will do next time).

Just a little question. Will you apply that patch on the 2.17 branch as well so that this fix is included in the upcoming 2.17 release ?

Nicolas Roche