Re: svn read of the binutils development repository?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:57:58AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
> Externals can do this.

Externals offer their own host of problems.  Off the top of my head,
you have to use a more complicated procedure to create branches,
you have to take a different approach to use SVK, and I believe
commits won't recurse properly if you want to change both bfd and
gdb.  And you can't readily use externals to get individual
files, like those in the top level.

I've spent quite a lot of time working on this problem; I don't
think externals are a satisfactory solution.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery