Re: Static build of binutils 2.16.1

On 3/26/06, Pierre Wieser <pierre.wieser@gadz.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build (compile+static link) binutils 2.16.1 from sources. All
> I get is dynamically linked executables. Obviously, I'm missing something,
> but I don't understand what !
>
> I use :
> ../binutils-2.16.1/configure \
>         --prefix=/tmp/binutils-install \
>         --host=i586-pc-linux-gnu \
>         --disable-shared \
>         --disable-nls &&
> make LDFLAGS=-static
well it is LDFLAGS=-all-static
before doing a make LDFLAGS=-all-static, if you are not crosscompiling
then you can
do a
make configure-host
then make LDFLAGS="-all-static".

If you are crosscompiling then i tried setting LDFLAGS="-all-static"
but it doesn't work, i tried CFLAGS="-static " along with LDFLAGS and
other combinations with configure and LDFLAGS but it didn't work like
make configure-target . Can someone help me out in this regard.