RE: PATCH: Support more than 2 relaxation passes

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 12:48, James E Wilson wrote:
> So there is no reason for more than 2 relaxation passes for the IA-64
> linker, and all other linkers only need 1 relaxation pass.

Oops, I was too hasty.  It is possible that there might be multiple
iterations within a single relaxation pass.  I didn't check that.
However, IA-64 needs two distinct and different relaxation passes, for
doing two different kinds of relaxation which can not be done at the
same time.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com