About .gnu.version section

Hi

     I wanted to know whether various .gnu.version* sections in an elf
format are loadable or not under the default ABI on linux. If it is
then ->

1. How is the virtual address set in an elf  file in case of a shared
object because i am converting the windows library into shared object
(in execution view) so i want to know the actual procedure behind the
mapping of elf sections ?

2. What is the significance of loading these setions ?

--
regards
ashwani