Re: m68k machine flags

Peter Barada wrote:
Although hwdiv is separated from isa_a, I can't find a CF chip that has just isa without the divide instructions. That seems an unnecessary separation. (gas can assemble for just isa w/o hwdiv, but I don't see the need for that.)

The MCF5206 which is still being shipped does not have the hardware
divider.  IIRC, the MCF5200, MCF5202, MCF5204 also do not have the
hardware divide(but they have been EOL'd).  The 5206e is where the
hardware divide and the MAC showed up.  Also the 5208 has the EMAC.

oh, thanks. I must have looked at a 5206e manual, not a 5206 one, and the otherones being EOLd might explain why I couldn't find a manual for them. Other than that, what do you think of my suggestion?

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery