Re: how to add new target to Binutils source

On Mon, 2006-01-23 07:16:54 -0800, free.jesse <free.jesse@yahoo.com> wrote:
> dears,
> I am jesse. Now, I have ported GNU Binutils to a
> embeded chip and what i wanna do next is to add the
> target to Binutils source code. Would you please tell
> me how to do.

You need to ask the Free Software Foundation for copyright assignment
papers and once that is done, you can send patches for documentation
as well as code.

You'd also name a person or two who will maintain this port in the
future (a non-yahoo email address would probably be nice, too.)

> dose it need to pay any fee?

Nope. You just need to assign your copyright to the FSF, see
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/assigning.html .

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O