Re: errors in libs, undefined reference _dl_cpuclock_offset

Hi Roscinante,

Trying to compile certain libs, and linking against them, produces the error "undefined reference _dl_cpuclock_offset" .. For example, a fresh compile of libxine-1.1.1.

Usually this kind of problem occurs because a library is not being included
on the linker command line. The library is usually omitted because the user is constructing the linker command line for themselves, rather than allowing GCC to do it. GCC frequently adds libraries and object files to the linker command line that the user may not know about.

Apparently libc6 does not include this function for my platform anymore (it used to)! Any clues appreciated.

If the function used to exist, but has been removed, then this would imply that it should no longer be used. So in this case I would suggest tracking down the function(s) which are still trying to use the deleted dl_cpuclock_offset function and fix them appropriately.