Re: Problem Loading a Module Compiled with GCC 3.4.2

Hi Ajitpal,

a) When I compile the module and link it with the libary file using
GCC Version 3.4.2(Supplied with Fedora Core 3,Kernel Version is 2.6.9)
and insmod it
I get a Kernel OOPS.

b) But if I compile the module with GCC 3.2.2 (Supplied with RedHat 9)
everything works fine and the module loads successfully.

Kindly could you please tell what could be the problem.

Most likely - there is something different between the two command lines being used to either compile, assemble or link your library and module. Try comparing these command lines to see what has changed.