Re: GAS : Does it provides callbacks for conversion from assembly to binary code ?

Hi Sandeep,

I am working on the dis-assembling and assembling of binaries. Well
after dis-assembling the binaries, i convert it into assembly,
manipulate this code, I want to convert it back to binary.  All the
above conversions are to take place at runtime. Can The GAS provide me
with some callbacks to provide this conversion .

GAS cannot help you, but it is possible that the opcodes library might. Depending upon the particular target libopcodes might contain routines to help with assembly as well as with disassembly. Have a look at the sources for more information.