Re: VAX Maintainership

Hi Jan-Benedict,

Just a thought: it might have been faster if you just volunteer
for VAX co-maintainer. :-)

Well, I've got no problem with that, to be honest, I'd really like to do that. If you (or Nick/Matt) offer me co-maintainership, I'm all for it, at least for the vax-dec-linux* targets. (At least the copyright assignment papers are in place for that since, um, quite some time:-)

So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.

We would be delighted to have you on board. The first thing to do however is to make sure that you have write access to the binutils CVS repository. Please could you fill out the form here, using my name as approver:

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

Once that has been sorted out, as your first act as a maintainer for the VAX port, please could you add your name to the binutils/MAINTAINERS file, and post a patch showing what you have done to this list.