Re: New tests orphan2 and unknown2 fail in cris-elf

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 02:48:39PM +0000, Paul Brook wrote:

> > > Sure, but the test-case is new.  If you need to commit a
> > > test-case before the bug is fixed, please xfail the test; remove
> > > the xfail when the bug only when the bug is fixed.  This is the
> > > rule from GCC, and it is the most practical for all parts.  I
> > > did the obvious change.
> >
> > Are you telling me that the rule for GCC regressions is to xfail
> > the testcase? That is the news to me.
>
> AFAIK that's always been the official policy.
> Obviously it's preferable to just fix the bug, but if that's not practical the
> test should be XFAILed with a reference to the corresponding PR.

I don't see it. Pick one in

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2005-12/

and count how many FAILS in it.

This linker regression has the known cause. In any case, I reverted the
change. But I still prefer Alan fixes it properly. Hopeful we won't
forget about it.

H.J.