Re: Link-Time Optimizations

On Nov 7, 2005, at 10:35 PM, Javier Cabezas Rodríguez wrote:

I haven't found a documented example of "Linker Relaxation", but I
think that we aren't speaking about the same kind of optimizations.
Diablo can do:

- Dead Code and Data elimination, achieving up to 25% code size reduction.

- Whole program constant propagation.

- Branch elimination.

- Liveness analysis.

- Code factoring.

- Code obfuscation

- Code compression

- ... and much more.

At the moment it only allows this for statically linked programs, but
support for dynamically linked programs is planned.

Take a look at LLVM.

-eric