Re: [RFC] Providing init_fini_syms earlier?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 05:47:12PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> The final values have to be absulte.

Why?

> How does it support relaxation
> when it will be called more then once?

If they are section relative, then there is no problem with relaxation
unless the init or fini sections change size, which I think is
unlikely to happen.  There is one disadvantage of section relative syms;
They cause their output section to be kept.  Hmm, I suppose we could
change that.  We might even be able to do without bfd_mark_used_section
entirely now that vma is set correctly for stripped output sections.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre