RE: How to compile binutils...

----Original Message----

  As a generic bit of advice, the only option you usually need is
"--target=" to specify what cross-target you want to make cross-binutils
for!

  You might want to set --prefix as well, but generally that's about it.  Go
for a simple configure first and see if it works, and if it is you save
yourself the trouble of experimenting with all the options and combinations.

  Also note that you can run "configure --help" to get usage info, although
to find out _all_ of the options, you'd also need to run "bfd/configure
--help" and "binutils/configure --help" and so on for gas/, ld/, opcodes/ ..
etc.

    cheers,
      DaveK