Re: Basics of binutils ?

Hi John,

1) What are these binutils ?. Executables or Sources ?.

Both - they are a set of sources which can be compiled to create a set of executables. The executables are designed to work on binary files such as object files and other programs, hence the name "binary utilities" or "binutils".

3) If it is sources ; then please correct me if i am wrong.

u give source files say BinUtils.c

      I compile BinUtils.c using my compiler to get the
BinaryUtilities Which i will be using to generate cross-compiler,
cross-linker and so on.

Am i Right.

Yes.

You can find more information on the binutils at this web site:

http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/