Always create position independent executables

Hi,

I have a MMU-less platform (ARM uClinux) and would like to have ld
create position independent executables by default. I figured that
probably the easiest way to do so would be to set link_info.pie = TRUE
from before_parse, however noone else appears to be doing that, and I'm
pretty confident this is not the first MMU-less architecture using ELF. :-)

My current approach would be to add a new emulation armelf_uclinux /
armelfb_uclinux that would always use -pie by setting link_info.pie and
modifying genscripts.sh to accept a new parameter to not build non-PIE
executable link scripts if a variable GENERATE_PIE_SCRIPT_ONLY is set
(obviously, I'd leave relocatable links alone). Is that good, or am I
completely wrong here?

   Simon