Re: PATCH: objcopy.c: redefine-sym-specific for archive files

Why add a new switch ? Why not simply extend the syntax accepted by the --redefine-sym switch so that if a colon is present it behaves as per your new switch ?

I wasn't sure if the colon could be a valid character in a symbol somewhere, if it isn't then it probably makes more sense to do like you said and just have one flag.

Also - with a patch like this that adds a new feature, we really need an FSF copyright assignment in place before we can accept the patch. Would you be interested in completing such an assignment ?

Sure. Send me the details.

Actually I would definitely encourage breaking out the code from add_redefine_syms_file, generalizing it and making it available to other switches which might benefit.

I'll take a look. If we reuse the old switch, then we might not need to do any changes here.

Thanks.

Dan